Reasons Why You Should Comments on Our Blog
- The theory of introducing noFollow to fight spam is useless. Because spammers still spam. Using anti-spamming tools such as Akismet should be enough. As alternative, if a blogger moderates comments, there is no need for a noFollow attribute.
- Since the use of noFollow in comments on WordPress blogs is default, many bloggers do not even realize they are using NoFollow.
- noFollow=noValue. What’s the use of no value links?
- Linking to someone with a noFollow attribute is a sign of not trusting them. It’s like reaching to shake someone’s hand, but stopping to put on a pair of latex gloves.
- Text link advertisements which use a noFollow make no sense. If you want to spread your Google juice, why use a link-condom?
- Even WordPress founder Matt Mullenweg says noFollow was a failure;
“In theory this should work perfectly, but in practice although all major blogging tools did this two years ago and comment and trackback spam is still 100 times worse now. In hindsight, I don’t think nofollow had much of an effect, though I’m still glad we tried it.”